Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Another Sewing Club Project

 Hello, everyone.

I was looking at various things made lately and noticed that last month's sewing club project had not been blogged on. (There actually are others, too, that I will Get Around To. I hope.)

Our sewing club members all having embroidery machines of one kind or another, we did an in-the-hoop project last month. It's another one of the John Deer patterns, one which they have also made a lovely Youtube video to show the method.


This is a coaster. Though I think it could be a flower on a headband, or stuck onto the center of a ribbon bow.

It went together very nicely. And I acquired a new gadget, too! A stencil cutter, to trim the organza just outside the stitching on the petals.

The people at John Deer's shop recommended using rayon thread, not polyester, to sew this as it's basically a free standing lace kind of project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment