Sunday, March 10, 2024

Sewing Club project: March (edited for link)

Hello, everyone. I'm still on a tear, as they say, to finish things. Today's finish is the project from this month's Sewing Club meeting. 
First, the front:
And then the back:
This was a fun little bag to make. We did the XL size of the Clam Up bag from ByAnnie.com. The pattern came with several sizes and it has good directions...though I personally recommend that the person making one accept that some parts will need to be read more than once. I didn't use my coupon for the video yet, because our meeting was led by a member who has made some of them. (The coupon comes if you order the pattern through your local sewing or quilt shop.) 

I used my embroidery machine to make the roses design on the front before putting the layers together. Then I added some quilting to accent the design and improve stability. The foam interfacing (I was out of Soft n Stable, so used some Flex foam that happened to have iron-on adhesive on both sides) was going to be connected to the back of the cut away stabilizer, so I also used the iron as well as the quilting design. If not for that, there might have been a more-densely quilted design.

The foam was really thick where it is doubled next to the zipper. Absent the glue, I might have trimmed the edge a bit. But it did go together, even at the bottom seams, and I like the finished bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment