Thursday, July 29, 2021

Working on PHD's (Projects Half-Done): Rudolf

 Hello, everyone.

Today I resumed work on one of the PHD items in the sewing studio: half-circle folded Christmas napkins.

They're cute, but I suspect they're better suited to being a just-for-grins table setting, not for actual wiping of mouths. Though the bright busy candy-canes print on the back side might conceal a little in the way of spots, I think the half circle shape would be hard to get used to using.


On the right, the completed one. This was a Sewing Club project recently. 

On the left, the other one. (I had cut out two sets of half circles before the club meeting.)

Placement: I used the thumbtack alignment trick from the tee shirt project and the bicycle tote project after marking the center of the design thru a small hole in the paper with chalk. Then fiddled the needle to go exactly where the thumbtack had pierced the light blue dot. If one uses that trick, one must be very careful of the point sticking up through the stabilizer! But it gets the centers aligned.

I think Rudolf didn't draw up as much on this second one. I used two thicknesses of Polymesh as well as the Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy that the fabric was floated on. And used a scrap of Sulky Solvy topper as well!

All materials were from stash.

I can stop here and just use these two napkins for decorating...that rather appeals to me. As opposed to cutting out more half circles and fiddling with the placement and stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment