Wednesday, February 21, 2024

French style shallow poached pork steaks

Hello, everyone.  Recently I tried making shallow poached fish. It was great, even with swai. (Swai being tricky to make tasty.) This inspired me to try the method with something else.

The method, on Youtube. This is from Chef  Stepháne. 

I had some pork loin steaks. Following the method, I salted and peppered both sides. Also I chopped up a shallot.
Put shallot into nonstick pan and added the meat.
Added broth (chicken because it's pork) and wine and so on as in the recipe, which I found in his cookbook that was on hand. (It's hiding in a recipe for fish with tomato and onion reduction or something like that, I just skipped the part about tomatoes etc and the rest was as in the video.) Put the cover on and let it gently cook just like in the video.
Finished as per the video and put it on the plate. YUM! And completely low carb.

No comments:

Post a Comment