Monday, January 2, 2023

A new year, a new gadget

 Hello, everyone.

It's been apparent that some organizing needs to happen in my sewing studio.

A small example of the problem:

This is just a tiny corner of mixed up want-to-be's, a collection of little things for making pinnies out of. They get stacked, this dish is actually an improvement over the stacks on the table that get knocked off by sewing on other projects!--then something happens to mix them up and the layout work never gets started.

I found a couple of things on the Youtube that looked interesting. They are project design boards, but not the wall-sized ones people use to lay out whole quilts. These are just little ones for one block at a time. (Links go to two different ways to make them.) I know I once saw a Youtube look at someone's sewing room where the lady had a whole stack of them on her windowsill, each of them a different block in process, and the stack was neat and organized. (Well, it was a video about her neat and organized sewing room, so of course it was neat and organized, but the idea stuck with me.)

I'm not an experienced glue gun lady, but I didn't want to use up the iron on sticky stuff, so I tried Lori Holt's method. I had a 9x30 leftover bit of foam-core board in the studio. And there is a lot of 2.5" stripping in my stash.


The first, smallest one. 9x6. Much of the border was offcuts from placemats done in the past.


The other two were 9x12. Borders also from stash.


I should have ironed the batting. (Who knew that rumple would stay?) I think it will work anyway.

A new pinny soon to come:


The top is the upper one, the bottom is the lower one. And some more stash will leave the room! 






No comments:

Post a Comment