Sunday, October 30, 2022

The back of the quilt is assembled!

 Hello, everyone.  Today I sewed the final seams  of the quilt backing.


A little better look at the floral fabrics. I got them from A Block Away. The purple solid was at Hobby Lobby. 


I stood on a chair to get the overall view. The pieced strip in the center is intentionally offset, by making one of the white floral strips twice the size of the other.

I used up all of the angel blocks in the stash, I think. Plus a lot of leftover Log Cabin blocks!

I love Log Cabin because it goes so well with making larger designs in the layout. There are a lot of layout ideas on Pinterest; interested readers can use their search setup to have a look.

The next step for this quilt is to find somewhere I can lay out each of the layers, tape them down smooth with painter's tape, and using basting spray and safety pins baste it all together for quilting.



No comments:

Post a Comment