Sunday, April 5, 2020

March in South Texas, 2020

Hello, everyone.

I have been busy sewing fabric face masks. I'm using the Leah Day pattern with 2 layers of fabric. (It may be a little bit stiffer to fold around at the cheek bones, but having 4 layers of cotton is bound to intercept more flying spit-bits than only 2. And you can and should drop them into a hot wash load and dryer load to clean them. This particular virus is said to be very sensitive to hot temperatures, like the temperatures when your hand says the water is too hot (my sink can put out 120F sometimes) and the washer with its detergent and water and agitation just gets them off and flushes them down the pipe.) No pics, unfortunately, but I sent some to DM and gave some to DS1.

And I'm using up stash, too. Found pipe cleaners at Hobby Lobby online for moldable wire inside the mask so it will fit the nose. Though when I went to the link for the ones I ordered it now says "out of stock"--probably there are more coming soon! I used the 6 inch long twisty ties for the first masks, they were stash also as they came with trash bags a while back. Am hoping my order--or at least part of it!--comes soon so I can resume sewing the masks.

In other, more cheerful news, it's flower season!


The avocado tree that came with the house is blooming.



We've had this pot of cactus for decades. Every spring it makes beautiful flowers.


The kalanchoe pot, which also came with the house, is beautiful again this year.









No comments:

Post a Comment