Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter tidbits...

Hello, everyone.

This year I found a sugar free chocolate rabbit! A small victory, but I can eat Easter candy with the rest of the bunch...separately.

Being stuck in the house most of the time has turned into sewing, too.


 Five more masks have been made. Not sure who should receive them just now, going to get some given away before making more.

Joanns.com has been sending out emails a lot about patterns for masks, and they've even come up with some pieced ones that a quilter can make patch patterns in. I've just been using up the stash that  is the right size and laying decent sized scrap chunks to one side for future use.

And I needed a break from the mask sewing!

A spring-themed zipper pouch

This is another little in-the-hoop pouch like the purple one. Scrap short zipper, an off cut from one of the masks in the above photo, and other fabric lying around. (The green rosebuds print was made into a mask too, but that one's been shipped out to a relative. I think.)

It was nice to use the embroidery machine for that project. (Link is to my local quilt shop, where DH got me my Janome Memory Craft 500e embroidery machine.) I'll probably do some more pouches of this type in various color combinations. They're useful. And textured fabrics can be used with care. There are also some pieces of linen ready to be made into embroidered coasters...I gave pairs of matching coasters away to family for Easter this year.

Piles of (American-made) plastic pony beads have arrived from mail order. They will probably be used in fidgets. (As movable items along a ribbon) Along with the various fake fur fabrics, random on-sale zippers, and odd cuts of fleece and whatnot. The fidgets are fun to make, but they do demand a certain amount of creative focus to come out right. I found that making a fidget for someone I knew was a lot easier, just because I had a sense of the kinds of themes they like. 



No comments:

Post a Comment