Sunday, March 12, 2023

New tranquilizer, er, beads

Hello, everyone.  I have been  a little high-strung lately, and found myself stringing seed beads. First one strand. Then a second. And on and on, until 7 strands, mostly mixes but some straight from the little box. 

After that it was, how can I hang a cross from it? I had a St. Benedict medal crucifix in stash. Found a pretty round disk to put in back of it, and a little bail to hold them together.  But. The little bail had no hope of enclosing the seven strands of seed beads.

Enter peyote stitch. I started at the fat part and did decreases down to four across. Then made a loop for a hanger, which goes through the bail. Then went back to the fay part and repeated down to the four across. Made another loop for hanging, but at the center bead I went through the center bead of the existing loop, parting from it after to go up to the four across. I think there are about 4 strands of Fireline going through that center bead!
Still, stringing and weaving the beads was very relaxing and helped me to maintain calm during some tense days.

Here is the necklace:

No comments:

Post a Comment