Friday, June 17, 2022

Second new project for the sewing room

Hello, everyone. Today's post is a companion to the last: another dust cover.
This is a set of views, because I am unreasonably proud of having adapted Cindicrafter's machine cover system to my somewhatsimpler needs. The ends were spiral quilted with the walking foot. The back was wavy quilted, using one of those neat multicolor threads. And, yes, I am using Cindicrafter's idea of the manual-pocket. I like it better on the front, so I can see where the book is. (That doesn't work with the serger, with its bumpy front profile, but it works very well with the sewing machine.) The fabrics are the same, golden porthole mesh pocket and quilting cotton, with the same Australian themed prints for the front and handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment