Friday, June 10, 2022

A new project for my sewing room

Hello, everyone. Today I am sharing a photo of the first part of a new sewing project: dust covers for my machines. The sewing studio is not a large room, like some of the ones we can see in Youtube that are garage conversions. This room is a smallish bedroom in an ordinary house. The machines all live together on a table, and to keep down the feeling of being crowded I decided to make these new ones the same color as an older one that is already there: purple. This is the cover for my server.
11I took an idea from a lady on Youtube, if I remember, I will give a link to her video when I can work with my desktop again. She not only has matching dust covers for her multiple machines, she has included a pocket for the operating manual on the cover. That way it is always easy to find. I put the serger book pocket on the back of the cover, because the front has various shapes in the profile. I think the other covers will have the book pocket in the front so I can see it. Fabric: quilting cotton in an Australian themed dot print for the fronts. Plain purple cotton for the ends and back. Plain cream quilting cotton for the lining and every scrap of batting in the stash for structure. Golden porthole mesh for the pockets. Some of this is from stash, but the dotted print is from my favorite local quilt shop, A Block Away. The pieces of the covers are being quilted before assembly. Quilting a three dimensional object would just be too difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment