Friday, September 24, 2021

Update on the little ghosts

 Hello, everyone.

This is a small update on the cute little ghosties I mentioned the other day.


As y'all can see, they acquired a friend. He's a bat, also a freebie at Kreative Kiwi. He didn't come with eyes, but I thought he looked incomplete. Fortunately, in the bead stash there are some Czech seed beeds that go with the "Happy" letters.

I added little ribbon loops to each dangler and stapled them to a 3/8" black ribbon. The bat has two ribbons. 

I suppose that they could make a vertical door hanger if the ribbon arrangements were different...can't leave them outside in the weather for very long, though, as if it gets rainy the mold will attack the cotton fabric.

I wonder how they would look done in an outdoor type of fabric? One could skip the little pockets on the front--a door hanger wouldn't have any likelihood of having something tucked into the pockets. I only included them because my Sewing Club sister had done hers that way and it looks like little aprons or skirts to me--if the pockets weren't there there is room for a small BOO on even the little ghosts fronts. 

DD2 thought that the collection needed more bats...actually the bat pattern has different sizes of bats in it, some without the letters as the design is too small, others larger than this 5x7 one.


No comments:

Post a Comment