Saturday, September 25, 2021

Return to the Bicycle Built For Two

 Hello, everyone.

Some while back, y'all may remember, I attended an embroidery class at my local quilt shop, and we made a tote bag with a bicycle embroidery design. We learned how to sew out a multi-hooped design in that class.  And all of us left with the instruction to "do it again soon, before you forget how it's done" in our ears.

Time passed, but I kept intending to do another bicycle tote.

It has finally been done.


This was done from scratch, as I didn't have a handy Kimberbell blank on hand to use. This time I didn't box the bottom corners, as I had the thought that the recipient might want to carry paper or other flat things in it.

I also dispensed with the little saying that came with the design.

The fringe flowers gave me a little bit of work, because I forgot that I had gotten a spool of dissolving thread to use as the bobbin on the fringe work. (Those are the large red flowers that look a little bit like Life-Savers candies.)

It was fun making another bicycle for two.



No comments:

Post a Comment