Saturday, August 22, 2020

Morning walk sights

 Hello, everyone.

"Morning walk sights" is the title of this post, but there is actually only one walk picture for this one.

It is from yesterday's walk, I looked up and saw a great cloud of birds flying in a line. By the time I got the phone out and awakened, the organized line had turned into a sort of blob. Is it migrating hawks?


This was not as early as the last morning sky photo, we left the house about 0700 yesterday. 

On the sewing front, I bought some fabric from mail order and thought I was getting a knit. Oops. And oddly enough the penny didn't drop for me until *after* I had cut out a top in it. Now I am going to try putting a zipper in on the side...it goes over the head fine, but the semi-fitted waist area doesn't go over the bust well at all. So I will try adding an invisible zip on the side seam.

On the plus side, I did have enough off-cut to make a gift bag. 

This bag has French seams (there is a tiny "decorative element" at the sides where the serging to remove raveled threads sticks out), boxed corners, and a casing with two openings at the top. I ran one ribbon all the way around from the left opening and the second ribbon all the way around from the right opening, and knotted the ends to keep the ribbons from getting lost. It is a reusable bag! With a cheerful, non thematic print that can be for almost any kind of gift.

The fabric was bought from Fabric.com, and I think it's a rayon or rayon-poly blend. Very light weight, but opaque.


No comments:

Post a Comment