Thursday, July 11, 2024

Getting use out of my magnetic hoop

Hello, everyone.  As usual,  there are a bunch of crafty projects underway. 

A friend asked me to embroider on some coated canvas and the fabric turned out to be too thick or stiff to go into my regular hoop. Before I tried something that would not have worked (floating such a stiff project) I remembered that I have a magnetic hoop. It doesn't require the fabric to bend around the upper half of the hoop to hold the fabric.
It is a little tricky to line up the center, but I was able to check centering by laying the grid from my other hoop on top of the marked edges and get it lined up.

Also, my new "hair clips" are hard at work controlling the bulk of the portfolio. 😀 

I used topper to encourage the letters to sit nicely on the top of the blue fabric. The stabilizer is a medium weight cut-away. 

Now to find some use for the test pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment