Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Getting ready to sew a new quilt top together

Hello,  everyone. I really missed my crafting activities while we were walking on the pilgrimage in Spain. It's just another sacrifice that has to be made--my crafts are not as portable as crocheting or knitting. (Interested readers may find some of that neep on the Camino Forum.)

Okay, the phone turned it sideways,  but y'all can still see the position labels pinned onto the squares. This labeling system I learned years ago, when I had to take a math class that involved matrices. (Tables of info, for a more practical name) The spots were all designated by an alpha + number code for clarity. It works very well for quilt piecing, too.

This is my second quilt from the Building Blocks pattern. I used up parts of 2 Charm packs (5×5 squares) and some 2.5 inch strips that were lying around, plus the solid purple for the sashing inside the squares. It's going to be a baby/lap size quilt, which is much easier to quilt than the larger ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment