Wednesday, October 25, 2023

The Quilt is Finished

Hello,  everyone.  

The Lap/baby sized Building Blocks quilt is finished. 
Draped over the sofa. 
I used a decorative stitch for the final row on the binding. It's a lot like the little "railroad tracks" lines on maps, isn't it?
The top side of the mitered corner. I took the "railroad line" stitch wings at a 45 degree angle at the corners.
The reverse side. The extra fabric on the back with machine applied binding is the reason I went with the "railroad line" built-in stitch. 

I used 8x7=56 charm squares, plus the thin and thicker sashings, borders, and binding. The backing fabric is part of a chunk from the (now-gone) A Block Away shop. 

This was a fun little project. Next time around--there are LOTS of charm squares in the stash!--I think I will square up the charms before slicing them into parts. Maybe try light charms and medium or dark sashings? Or cut up the Christmas layer cake (10") squares into charms and do a Christmas quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment