Friday, April 14, 2023

A proof of concept pouch

Hello, everyone.  As y'all may have noticed,  I hate waste. Particularly waste of fabric.

While working on the little rosary pouch recently,  a couple of extra things were made and not used. They were about 4 to 5 inches square, polyester satin, and quilted. I couldn't just toss them.

Today they became a proof of concept for some little gifts.
The quilted outer surface of the pouch is those same bits that didn't work out for the rosary pouch. Zipper is from stash. There is a lightweight polyester lining that doesn't show. And there are a few of the many, many buttons in the stash. (The penguin is a novelty button.) I don't think this one is really nice enough to give someone,  but the button decorations and the idea of the little pouch look like a keeper.
I did use different embroidery threads to sew the buttons on, as y'all can see. I think we can call this Christmas preparations for next year. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment