Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Action Photo: the new tree skirt

 Hello, everyone. The new tree skirt is with its tree, and for a bonus the Kimberbell Jingle All The Way quilt is hung alongside.


The Kimberbell Jingle All The Way quilt was a multi session class at the (late and much lamented) A Block Away quilt shop. Sadly, that shop is no longer. But I still have the things I made in classes there. 

And!

A new quilt shop is opening in the next town over from me. When I have a good picture, I will show it. I already stopped by to say hello and get a charm pack. (I didn't actually need it, but I want to support the ladies who have opened the shop.)

The wall quilt has a hanging sleeve at the top, and I put a curtain rod (with a cute finial) into it. Careful use of rubber bands to both set the amount the inner part sticks into the outer part of the rod, and to try and control the natural tendency of the hanging yarn to pull toward the center has been my friend in this. The hanging yarn is one of the fat, braided ones from Hobby Lobby. It's a sort of garnet red.

This is the only picture I have that really shows the bow on the tree, too. Thanks to the late afternoon sunshine, plus turning on every light in the room!


No comments:

Post a Comment