Sunday, August 7, 2022

Another bowl filler in progress

Hello, everyone.

I had twitchy fingers by the time our week of Grampies Camp was done. I just wanted to sew something! So I stitched together some long, skinny scraps, divided the long thing into thirds and sewed the thirds together. Came to a stopping point with that one. Picked up another pinny top and put it with a blues and greens shell print scrap for the back. Quilted both pieces with some scrap fleece. Then it got a little crazy with beads. What can I say?

As usual, I used 6 pound test Fireline to sew the beads. It's a braided line and it feels waxed. Knots beautifully. The only (small) drawback is that it will wreck the blades of your good scissors. Fortunately, the same department of the store that will sell me big spools of Fireline will also sell me a line cutter. Mine is by Rappala and it deals very well with the fishing line that I bead with. At the time I got the cutter, it was only $3.50 or so at Walmart. But that was a few years ago, they might be more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment