Thursday, August 12, 2021

Pony beads and Grandma Camp

 Hello, everyone.

These two weeks have been very busy with DGD and DGS visiting every day. 

There is a large stash of pony beads in the house, and we had some fun with them. DGS put them onto pipe cleaners. I had found some projects online and printed them out. He wondered about making a pumpkin, but it turned out to be in peyote stitch, and I couldn't figure it out at first. Later I found instructions in a video

He had lost interest by then, so I decided to see what could be done with straight lines. (Think of Ladder Stitch here.) And then tried my hand at making a rocket ship pattern, as the rocket keychain pictured in the Hobby Lobby pony bead ideas folder wasn't actually available at their web site.


The rocket ship, woven with crochet thread. I don't really have the correct cord to weave these beads  with, the crochet string is too soft and thin. And any yarn in the house is certainly going to be too soft.

The pumpkin at the top looks like it will be too floppy. I turned the page over and tried again on one without a nose, which looks less floppy, but am looking for the kind of string that Mr. Bennett uses in his Turbobeads videos. That is stiffer and will hold shape better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment