Monday, November 23, 2020

Sewing: a Mixer Mat

 Hello, everyone.

There has been interest in the family for a mixer mat for persons who have stand mixers in the house.

The mixer mat is a kind of a coaster for the mixer; it keeps the mixer from scratching the counter top while it's in use.


This one is based on a Log Cabin method, but using the seaming trick to conceal the end of the row. I am indebted to my buddies in the Sewing Club for this method, it's really neat. At the end of the piecing, I used decorative stitches that were canned in the sewing machine to do the quilting.

The mat could also be used as a hot pad.

Fabrics used were quilting cottons from stash. Corners are mitered. Reverse is a duck print that reminds me of DF.


Mitering the non-45-degree corners did require me to pay attention. There might have been some un-stitching involved...


DF always did like ducks.


No comments:

Post a Comment