Sunday, June 28, 2020

It's amazing how busy one can get while not going places

Hello, everyone.

I looked at the last post today and realized that I'd slipped a few days. Oops.

There has been sewing going on around here.


A second mask for me, and one for a family member who needed a spare. The purple fabric has been used in a baby quilt also, I think. The elastic is from the order I received from Sew4Less.com. 


This, a Sew4Home project, involved a lot of playing with fabrics. There is one more of this set that needs to be bound, as soon as the binding strips are cut and sewn together. There are also more that I am thinking becomes a second set of four.  The original project at their site was for 7 strips of fabric 20 inches long. I accidentally only did 5 strips--but really I don't think my family members would want a placemat that is 14" wide and 20" long. Were the ladies thinking that the fabric would draw up a lot with quilting? Or was the "romantic" Valentine placemat supposed to be for one of those tiny bistro tables, with two diners sharing the ends of one placemat? I cut the length down to 17 inches which is room for a dinner plate, two forks, a knife and a spoon. (Tested the fit!) Now there are a collection of 3 inch strips on hand to do "something" with...don't know what yet.

As I'm behind on my Jingle All The Way homework, I'll probably wait to cut and sew more strips to make into more placemats after the second set is put together. Various of the fabrics are certain to change as there isn't enough left of these to do more. I had to run over to A Block Away and pick up a yard of plain red to get the bindings done on these 8! So glad they were open and I didn't have to mail order in something.

No comments:

Post a Comment