Saturday, March 23, 2019

March in south Texas

Hello, everyone.

This is a picture of my garden this spring. We are well into the season now.


The green things at the front are Tuscan kale. They're really good in soup.

The tomatoes are cherries, Indigo Rose is the variety. They taste really good, so when local stores didn't stock them this year I ordered seeds. They turn very dark blue in the sunshine!

The red leaves are kale, too. I wanted some color for salads.

There were red radishes but they're almost all harvested now. I  might plant the extra tomato and kale plants into the former radish rows.

In other places there are some basil, some cilantro, and one lone parsley plant. (None of the others came up.) There are beans in two rows and another row of dill has been planted. Also there are some lettuces and arugula.

I like to sit in the afternoon and look at the garden and think about its progress.

Soon enough the nights will be very warm and the days will be hot. The garden will go dormant for the summer. Then I will sit inside in the afternoon and remember the cool days walking on the Camino.


No comments:

Post a Comment