Friday, August 3, 2018

New thread!

Hello, everyone.
I'm exploring embroidery threads for that project with the red crosses.

On the 28th I ordered some coton a broder (DMC) from lacis.com.

It came today. Very prompt service, by the way, and this is exactly the day it was expected to arrive.

After the hard lesson of last week, I think I should test my new thread. Two samples are sitting in warm water now.


There is a small reflection from the thread, but the water isn't coloring.

These threads look a whole lot like the threads that were included in the Winky Cherry learn to sew kit that DGD is learning to make stuffed animals from. It is a lovely book and kit, by the way, but I strongly recommend that the adult partner of the learning team put the thread onto some old spools to keep it from forming the world's biggest tangle.


No comments:

Post a Comment