Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A little crafting tip

Hello, everyone.

Things have been busy, but also there has been a little time to do creative things. And Easter is coming. My local sewing club is working on a project for Easter decorating--placemats. There were a couple of variations to choose from, so I went with the one in the Jo-Ann's project list. It involves several fabrics for the egg stripes, plus backing fabric, batting, plus a good amount of bias for the binding. (Translation: a lot of stash is going bye-bye with this one! Even though there were some new fat quarters purchased from my local quilt shop.)

I cut the bias strips from a piece of fabric and sewed them together in pieces that are long enough for each placemat shape. Then I realized that there are a lot of pieces of fabric running around in this project, and expected to be a lot more, too, and they have to be kept organized. Especially the long bias strips that will tangle and become impossible.


I "recycled" a ribbon spool that was left over from decorating a little while back. As the bias is folded in half and pressed already, the spool holds two strands side by side, and I can keep loading it up until either the spool is full or I run out of strips to store.



No comments:

Post a Comment