Sunday, October 11, 2015

The ironing board was getting tired

Hello, everyone.

As you may know, the sewing and the quilting means a fair amount of using the ironing board. The board pad was getting thin, and sometimes I could see the grid of the metal when ironing clothes. Not good.

So I went over to Walmart and got a piece of cotton batting.


I cut it to the shape of the old pad, pieced it so it covered the whole area and zigzagged the pieces together, and laid it onto the metal under the old pad. Then I put the old cotton cover back on.


We should be good to go for a while now.

Oh, yes, the cotton batting in the package is being sold to make potato-zapping bags. And I did make a potato-zapping bag with cotton muslin and Warm and Natural batting and cotton thread. It goes together easily, but you do have to use all cotton in the construction.

And now I don't even know where it is. It might even have been given away--DH usually zaps his potatoes without any wrapper at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment