Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The completed blue top

Hello, everyone.

I found the mislaid photo of the (nearly completed) top: the camera had decided it was taking pictures in 2011!

But here it is...


I think this was taken before I added a long triangular gusset in the back. The main features are in view here--the buttons don't really need to open. But using up stash buttons is good, too, along with the stash fabric and the stash zippers.

A new stash project has been started--and I had to go to the store and buy fabric to finish cutting it out. (Ran out of poly organza for the underlining! Also picked up a beige zipper.)

Working on pattern layout on the beige boucle
The intention for this is to be a beige skirt for the cooler months, with godets at the seams instead of a kick pleat in back. The basic skirt form is a pencil skirt--the same pattern that was once made up in the blue of that top above--from Burda of January, 2008. It will have pockets in front, not wide pockets, but still able to hold a pen or a card.

A programming note, I will be away from my computer for a few days and posting may be deferred until I get back.